Saturday 30 January 2016

ER Couture Part 2



3
What Asian influences do you place in your designs?
Our logo is a balanced knot that captures ER Couture’s structure and sophistication. This is a centerpiece in our design that is known as our signature. You can see this incorporated on the black silk top with a cut-out back detail.



I have lived in Asia for more than 10 years so it's hard for me to take a step back and say I am clearly influenced by Asia in this way... It's not because I strive to incorporate an Asian influence in my design, but my design very personal, therefore reflects my everyday life.




Our signature three-dimensional, hand-sewn, fabric manipulation looks like a braid. This detail is seen as an Asian twist and is clearly our design DNA.

4
What’s the difference in attitude towards fashion that you see between now and when ER Couture opened its doors?
I think Vietnamese are becoming more aware of quality and want garments that are not copies made by tailors. They are now more interested in design and wearing something unique.

Part 3 coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment